FAN is Now Open to All United Methodist Churches in South Carolina!
FAN is a faith-based program that works to create a healthy church environment. It is free and open to all churches in the Conference!
FAN is not an exercise program or a cooking class. Instead, FAN helps churches create a healthy church environment for physical activity and healthy eating by training church committees to:
- Increase opportunities for physical activity and healthy eating in the church setting (tasty, healthy meals & snacks for church events)
- Create healthy church guidelines (policies)
- Keep the Pastor engaged and excited about FAN goals, and support the Pastor’s health
- Get health messages out to church members through familiar church channels (bulletin inserts, announcements, messages in worship service)
This church-level approach will allow you to reach all members of your congregation, and your church might even choose to put some activities in place that can help your larger communities grow in health. It is highly complementary to the UMC’s new Global Ministries initiative, Abundant Health.
Churches will be trained in April of 2017 in each of the Districts by Community Health Advisors in each District. But churches must enroll by the end of February 2017!
Want to learn more?
- To learn more about FAN, please download a FAN flyer
- To learn more about being a Community Health Advisor, please download the Community Health Advisor Position Description
Ready to complete an interest form?
- To indicate your Church’s interest in FAN, please complete the FAN Program Church Interest Form
- If you are interested in being a Community Health Advisor, please complete the FAN Community Health Advisor Interest Form
We are happy to answer your questions and discuss FAN and whether it’s right for your church! Please contact Jessica Stucker, FAN Project Coordinator, by email (email@example.com) or phone (803-576-5992).
May you “prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers”
III John 1:2 (NKJV)